Patrick SOGHOMONIAN organises the transfer of Seprolec with the Transmettre & Pérenniser II fund, managed by Sodero Gestion, accompanied by Sofiouest
- Founded in 1973 and located in Vire, Normandy, Seprolec is an EMS subcontractor specialising in the manufacture of complex electronic boards and assemblies in small and medium-sized series. With a team of 140 people, Seprolec supports professional and industrial electronics designers in the development of high added value products, offering prototyping, industrialisation consulting, design and manufacture of functional tests, integration and logistics services.
- Seprolec serves SME and large customers in the fields of industry, IOT, defence, medical and transport. In 2018, Seprolec made its first acquisition with Aria Electronique, a company based in the Toulouse area and employing around 30 people, which enabled it to strengthen its presence with defence and aeronautical customers.
- Sustained investments over the years and its high level of requirements and technical expertise have enabled Seprolec to develop by diversifying its customer base and the sectors of activity it addresses. Since 2019, the company has experienced strong growth and has been able to overcome the health crisis and the sector’s economic problems. Its strong industrial expertise enables it to manage the current component crisis as well as possible. In 2021, Seprolec achieved a turnover of more than 30 M€, in strong growth compared to previous years.
- Patrick SOGHOMONIAN, who wanted to prepare his succession, organised a competitive sale process with the support of his advisor Societex. His objective was to allow the current management to continue the adventure by selling the majority of the capital. This operation was also an opportunity for certain key managers to join the company’s capital.
- Sodero Gestion, a long-standing partner of Seprolec since its takeover in 2008, has positioned itself within the framework of the process put in place, with its Fonds Transmettre et Pérenniser II, accompanied by the investment company Sofiouest. The two investors share the same investment philosophy: to support the great industrial adventures of the Great West, which generate value and create jobs.
Our consulting mission
SOCIETEX CF was exclusively commissioned by Seprolec’s shareholders to find investors wishing to support the company’s next phase of development. A competitive process was put in place materialising the interest of several financial investors but also of strategic players.
Patrick SOGHOMONIAN – Seprolec : “Societex played a particularly important role in the Seprolec transfer process. The preparation of the file, its suggestions on the entities to contact, the organisation of exchanges with the candidates, its advice on Q&A and the construction of the data room were decisive elements. The allocation of human resources in number and quality to the project from the beginning of the mandate, the management of the advice to the seller, and the persistence of our contacts were also key success factors. Despite the difficulties and complex situations we encountered during this process, I consider that Societex’s expertise in the conduct of this consultancy was particularly useful in the exchanges with the selected buyers.”