SOCIETEX supports the sale of Meteodyn to the CLS group
- CLS, provider of satellite solutions, acquires Meteodyn, an expert in wind engineering, meteorology and climatology, specializing in the development of software and services for renewable energies, urban planning and safety against the wind.
- Meteodyn, located in Nantes, China and India, will now be able to rely on the international network of CLS (30 sites worldwide).
- The CLS group employs 900 people at its head office in Toulouse and at its 34 other sites around the world. The company operates in 5 strategic business sectors: sustainable fisheries management, environmental and climate monitoring, security maritime, fleet management, energy and infrastructure.
- Together, CLS and Meteodyn will offer a complete and unique range of products, advice and services wind / solar – onshore / offshore – climate / weather unrivaled on the market.
- Meteodyn, created in 2003 by Didier Delaunay, has developed unique expertise in the characterization and forecasting of wind for complex terrains. Meteodyn’s strength: the deployment of this expertise in several forms, responding to different markets: renewable energies, but also climatic comfort in urban areas or wind safety. Meteodyn achieved consolidated sales of nearly € 6m in 2020.
- CLS, a partner of players in the energy sector for more than 30 years, supports the largest groups in their transition to offshore wind power. Through solutions based on High Resolution radar satellite imagery, the company accurately estimates the future performance capabilities of maritime territories.