EFINOR sells its two companies serving the naval fitting out and refit / MCO to the Vulcain Engineering group
About EFINOR’s Shipbuilding division
- The companies in the Naval Development division (EFINOR Bretagne and EFINOR Méditerranée) have proven know-how in all sectors of the naval industry, with over 20 years’ experience as integrating architects.
- The companies have a combined turnover of nearly €20m in 2021, and have around 100 employees.
About Vulcain Engineering
Vulcain Engineering is a French group, a key player in the consulting and engineering sector. Present in 14 countries with 12 agencies in France, 4 design offices and more than 2,200 employees, the group generated a turnover of more than €180m in 2020 in 4 main sectors of activity: energy, renewable energies, railways and infrastructures, pharmaceuticals and biotechnologies.
- The merger with EFINOR’s Naval Fitting division aims to complete Vulcain’s offer and positioning in the naval sector and to strengthen its presence in the South-East.
- With this acquisition, Vulcain is expanding its offer with the specific expertise of EFINOR’s Naval Development division in naval maintenance engineering and development. The Lorient design office will also strengthen Vulcain’s expertise in its current mechanical activities.
- The collaboration between the two groups will enable the development of service proposals for common clients such as Naval Group and Chantiers de l’Atlantique in particular.
Fabrice LEPOTIER – President of the EFINOR Group
“We had commissioned SOCIETEX for a previous operation. Without any hesitation, we commissioned them for this new need. The teams have always listened to our expectations and orchestrated the transfer process with the expected rigour. In short, a new quality partnership!
Our consulting mission
SOCIETEX CF has been exclusively commissioned by the shareholders of the EFINOR Group in the search for an industrial buyer willing to accompany the next phase of development of the Naval Development division.