JBT is specialized in designing and manufacturing of plastic moulds, as well as plastic components dedicated to the medical industry. Already established in France, Tunisia and Mexico, with a turnover up to €35 M, the group is pursuing its external growth.
The JBT Group decided to pursue its international expansion in Hungary. To make it possible, they asked the M&A IMAP network to lead them through the process. In May 2015, JBT Group took over the KAONA PLASTIC company in order to offer a better service to its clients in Eastern Europe and increase its production capacity.
Located in Hungary near the Balaton Lake, KAONA PLASTIC is specialized in technical plastic parts injection and realized a €10 M turnover in 2014.
IMAP France (SOCIETEX CORPORATE FINANCE) and IMAP Hungary (MB PARTNERS) advised the French group JBT on the acquisition of the Hungarian company, KAONA PLASTIC.
The two partners worked in close collaboration in order to locally and internationally lead the JBT Group throughout the acquisition process.
- The activity
- The environment
- The market position
- The company strengths
- Transaction expectations
- Establishing the needed documentation
- Defining a strategic approach after reaching IMAP network and in agreement with the client
- Organizing management presentations
- Advising on a proper arrangement
- Collection and analysing LOI and commitment offers
- Creating a competitive process using over the counter negotiations or “open bid”.
- Advising the client in the choice for the better counterparty
- Optimizing asset and liability guarantee
- Ensure the completeness of the transaction in harmony with the client advices